Monday, June 24, 2013

Toys and Pictures

From time to time, I check up on what's going on in Kotlas.  It's interesting, because we have a definite, although tenuous, connection to the city; more importantly, Elena spent a lot of her time there and may be interested later in knowing about it.

It's also interesting because I'll run across some news about or pictures of the Baby House.  That's how I found the video history of the baby house I posted a few weeks back, and that's how I found this:



 It's a local TV story about a photography studio who ran a project where they set aside an afternoon every week or so to take portraits, using the proceeds to buy toys for the orphangage. Here's their VK page (for those of you who haven't heard of it, VK is like the Russian Facebook), which includes more still photos from the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment