Thursday, October 6, 2011

I'm a manly man (or: Food Preferences, Part II)

When we have canned coffee, we buy Cafe du Monde.  It's a strong, dark roast cut with chickory, and intended to to be served as cafe au lait (mixed half-and-half with milk).  I'm a manly man, though, and I drink my coffee straight and black.  The Cafe du Monde is pretty dark and bitter that way, but I like my coffee like that.

So we were sitting around in the morning after breakfast, and Elena wanted to try what Dad was drinking.  My coffee was cool by then, and I knew there was no way she'd like such a strong bitter flavor, so I gave her a taste.

Of course she liked it, and immediately demanded her own cuppa joe.

Conclusion: I'm approximately as manly as a two-year-old girl.

3 comments:

  1. OK here are my suggestions from being a mom.
    Mac and cheese, applesauce, speg and meat balls, fish sticks, french fries with katsup, choc pudding, yogurt, jello,string cheese. Let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, Andy :) There is nothing wrong with her trying all these things. The twins, ESPECIALLY Anna, loves coffee ... just not as strong as your coffee :) I guess the Tough Russian Blood runs strong in you child.

    -Ben

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, how sweet. I think that her drinking "your" coffee is the greatest compliment you could have gotten. Children love to imitate (includes eating, drinking) what the people they love are doing. It is a sign that she is very attached to you and trusts you. (That's why kids pick up whatever the adults around them are saying, even the bad stuff!) NOTE: I got the address of your blog from Suzanne as she told me about Elena just last week. As you might have heard, I have been in and out of the hospital since August, was ill before that since end of January this year. So that is my "excuse" for not being in touch with everyone. I looked at all your pictures and read all your comments. I can't wait to meet Elena, she looks adorable and I bet that she is very smart & will quickly adapt to you and life in America. She is very lucky to have such loving parents as you two.

    ReplyDelete